Thursday, February 8, 2018

Adventures

Happy Thursday!!
I was in town yesterday and our local floral shop had a sign out
that said only 41 days until Spring
(make that 40 today)
but I wish someone would tell Michigan that
as we can have a hard frost right up to Memorial Day in May.
Our weather starting tonight is to get 10 to 14" of wet, heavy snow
and another 5 to 6 on Saturday.
You know where I will be, right here!!

I have a few FREE days and thought fun it would be to
pick a fun challenge to create with and enter.
For today I chose Freshly Made Sketches



I LOVE this simple sketch.



It gave me an opportunity to use up a bit of my mountain of scrap papers,
plus a cute little piece of ephemera from my drawer of 'everything' but the kitchen sink lol!!



The little sentiment/flower piece is from Pebbles.
I had to contain myself not to add a few sequins
to keep it ready to mail!
I think this card would be great for someone
just getting engaged,
as marriage sure is an 'adventure' isn't it?

Also entering it in the following challenges:
The Card Concept .... Old Fashioned Love
(I did the CAS style)

Word Art Wednesday ....ATG
Watercooler Wednesday .... Feminine ATG


10 comments:

Darlene said...

This is beautiful and the sketch lends itself well for those scraps we all have! GREAT JOB!! Stay warm (and SAFE) ... I'll be hiding in my cave too with more snow on it's way here in Ohio too!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my gosh, this is so darn adorable and pretty! I saw that sketch, too, but will have to save it for later. A week is not long enough for a challenge as I'm usually stamping ahead. Four projects currently on my table, sheesh! Love the pretty papers you used, and the ephemera from your drawer of "everything but the kitchen sink", tee hee! Oh, how I love this sweet, sweet card! We're having a false spring, so I'm enjoying some outside time. We're off to check out a campground today. If the weather holds up we hope to take the trailer out soon.

Verna Angerhofer said...

So very lovely with that fantastic layout and pretty blooms. I love the spring colors too.

Judy Woodland said...

This is just so sweet and cute, Diane. I love the colors you have used, and your pretty gingham papers. Really lovely!

Amy O said...

This is such a sweet card that feels like Spring. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Heidi Weaver said...

What wonderful patterned papers you have in your pile of scrap papers, Diane. The variety of patterns works so beautifully together, especially with the stitched matte behind them. Love the banner on which you've stamped your sentiment. The flowers are the perfect finishing touch, stamped in the same shades as the background papers. Great card! Thanks so much for joining our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

Helen said...

A very pretty card, Diane! The colours, papers and flowers work well to give that old world charm! Thanks so much for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

Penny Hanuszak said...

Love the way you've taken the sketch and made it work so wonderfully for this feminine card. The gingham mix and the stitched frame work well together as does your sweet ephemera piece. Great way to use up your stash ad great card!Thanks for sharing with us Diane, at the Watercooler Wednesday Feminine Challenge this week.

Created by Kath said...

Wonderful use of the sketch! Thanks for sharing with us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenges!

aussie aNNie said...

Lovely sketch, very fresh looking. Well it's jolly HOT here, come on down.xx [aNNie]
🐰