Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Woodland Creatures Challenge

It's the 3rd Wednesday of the month and that means it's time for a new
challenge theme at Double D.
The challenge is being hosted by Team Darlene
but I wanted to join in, too!
The theme is 'Woodland Creatures'
Now how fun is that and how fun is this inspiration board!!



I decided to go a little 'outside' the box with this challenge
and make a shaped card.
I have made this little 'Hey Foxy' card before
using The Cutting Cafe Hey Foxy cut file on my Cricut.




I had a lot of fun making this card and I also had a bit of
'unwanted' help from Mack.
I had all my pieces cut and ready to assemble right after I had my lunch.
but was getting ready to attach the feet and I only had one foot.
What the heck?  I then heard 'chomp~chomp~chomp,
and yep, you guessed it, Mack was eating the poor little fox foot!

So, back to the Cricut to cut another foot.....
all in all, after all the drama
I think he turned out pretty darn cute!!




Make sure and pop on over to the Double D challenge blog and
see all the fun woodland creatures...join in with us too,
as we always have really cool prizes!!
Entering the following challenges:
2 Crafty Critter Crazies ..... Critter
Animal Friends .... Stripes or Dots
Craft-Dee Bowz ....Must Have Bow
Crafty Animals .... ATG

13 comments:

Darlene said...

He turned out VERY cute (even with Mack's help, lol) Foxy is just adorable and all ready for the birthday party! What a great project ... so glad you went outside the box today ... AWESOME!

Barbara said...

Love shaped cards, but I usually don't do them. I really should, you have inspired me. My cricut is miles away in Wisconsin, collecting dust. I hope that this is a lesson for you to keep your craft supplies away from Mack! Lol

Verna Angerhofer said...

Oh, so fun and cute! Love your fox shaped card. Glad getting another foot was an easy task. I guess Mack wanted a snack too!

Kathy Krug said...

Super cute Diane, and how much fun to have a fox shaped card.

Leslie Miller said...

Ack!!! He's so cute with his googly eyes and pom pom party hat!! Also love that you made him polka dot. He gives me a giggle! And, that Mack! He keeps you on your toes. LuLu used to snatch things out of my wastebasket, but she's over that now.

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh, one of my favorite cards ever!! This is too darn cute!! I just love him with his rosy cheeks and googly eyes!! The polka dot papers are so fabulous!! The party hat with the pom poms is a perfect touch!! This makes me smile, my friend!! And how funny Mack was nibbling on fox foot ;) Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

aussie aNNie said...

Adorable for the challenge, just love this one and what a happy woodland creature...big hugs.xx [aNNie]
 ❤️

Vicki said...

Truly adorable card, Diane! This is one happy, fun fox! Cute quote.

Donna Phelan said...

A 1 footed fox lol Glad you created another one. He is darlin' and I loooooove that polka dotted paper you chose, really makes him POP! We have some of the prettiest red fox afround, one year we had a whole baby family living under our deck, all they did was wrestle each other and run around like puppies, soooooo cute! Fantastic card! Don't be too hard on Mack!

NanaConnie said...

This is such a darling little fox, Diane! Certainly glad you were able to mend his foot after such a disaster. lol I’m so excited to see you playing along with us in our “Anything Goes with a Critter” challenge at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies this month. Do join us again, won’t you? Good luck.
NanaConnie DT

Kuni said...

Is is so wonderful.
Thank you for joining us at the Animal Friends.
Hugs
Kuni

Amelia Breytenbach said...

Wow! What an adorable shaped card Diane. I love the cute sentiment - all go together perfectly!
PS Sorry for my late comment.

Judy Woodland said...

Well how stinkin' cute is this? I would have NEVER attempted to make a shaped card like that, it's just fabulous. Love the papers you used too, so creative!!! LOVE it!