Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Sequins~Sequins~Sequins

First Wednesday of the month means first
Double D Challenge of the month of February!!

We have an easy and fun theme once again to work with
and it is
SEQUINS!

Look at the fun inspiration board below just to get you inspired!



My first thought was to do a flamingo card,
then I just couldn't resist that adorable mitten
and since we are smack IN winter, I decided it would be perfect!



What's even more perfect is I used a cut file from The Cutting Cafe called
Mitten Shaped Card.
I cut it on my Cricut making it so simple.
Once cut, I stitched around the mitten part
then added Sparkle N Sprinkle Brushable Glue to the cuff
and sprinkled with Sparkle N Soft Twinkling Clouds flocking.
I added a shiny silver ribbon/bow to that.



In my ever growing stash I found a little canvas heart on a tiny clothespin,
covered the heart with Nuvo Glue Pen Large,
then Sparkle N Sprinkle Reflection glitter.
This is probably my most favorite silver glitter of all...
it is so fine!! 

And of course the 'finale' are the SEQUINS...many silver ones!

Now you HAVE to pop on over to the
Double D challenge blog and see all the gorgeous creations the
Design Teams have...you will be as usual WOWED!!!!

Entering the following challenges:
Creates and Makes .... ATG (m)
Get Creative .... Ribbon/Washi (m)
Craft-Dee Bowz ...ATG with handmade bow


15 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

wowzer, this is just gorgeous, love the heart, bows and those sequins sure finish this off.xx[aNNie]
 ❤️

Sharon Wheet said...

what a tender mitten card! LOVE IT! thank you for the inspiration!

Barbara said...

I am so very pleased to be part of this team. I am really coming up in the crafting world! I absolutely love this CAS design that you so cleverly cut with your cameo. The touch of sequins and the delicate ribbon is a Wow!

Donna Phelan said...

Soooo sweet! Love the sequins on the mitten itself, like my Nana would make! Everything's so sparkly! Perfect!

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is gorgeous Diane
Gr Karin

Darlene said...

This is GORGEOUS Diane!! What a clever idea and all the sparkle is amazing! What a beautiful creation! Well done!

Vicki said...

This is so adorable, Diane! What a perfect take on the mood board. I love the winter white color with the silver!

Leslie Miller said...

It's amazing how close you came to the mitten in the inspiration photo, and you just happened to have the little heart on a clothespin! You must have one of everything in your ever growing stash. This is so pretty, Diane!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wonderful shaped card and you decorated the mitten so well. Looks like the photo one.

Lisa said...

I love this!! The mitten shape is fabulous!! I love the silver touches!! The heart on the clip is a perfect touch!! Gorgeous, my friend!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Kathy Krug said...

Love how you used the sequins as a pattern on the gloves. Cute and clever.

Sherrie K. said...

GORGEOUS! The sequins and ribbon look fantastic!
Sherrie K

Amelia Breytenbach said...

Wow this is so pretty Diane. The silver sequins are the perfect touch for this cute mitten. I love all of it.

Judy Woodland said...

Well, you could have not NAILED this challenge better. I love your mitten with the sequins, it's just fabulous!!

Kathy Barnett said...

Thanks for joining us at the Craft-Dee BowZ challenge this month. Join us again soon. Hugs, Kathy