Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Live Happy

Today is a new challenge theme at 
Our hostess is Terri and she has chosen the theme
'It's a Banner Year'.


My card came together with a few very simple things.
I had made a card for a granddaughter's birthday using
the rooster paper you see (she raises fancy chickens)
and it was laying on my work table.

The banner is one from a pretty group of ribbons, trims and such
my niece gave me for Christmas.
I punched little gingham hearts from a scrap to add to them.

I dug around in my 'organized' by color bag of cream 
already die cuts and such that were rejected another time
and found the Tutti Designs Stitched Square
and also the little embossed panel you see.

Both worked perfect for this card,
and of course I stamped my rooster on the square
using the SU (NBUS) stamp Rustic Rooster.
He was stamped with Dew Drops Love Letter, Dandelion and Cottage Ivy inks.
I very lightly spritzed with water, then stamped.


The little 'live happy' sentiment is also a SU from the set
You're Lovely.
I used a 3/4" and 1" punch for that.

Head on over to The Sisterhood and see all the lovely inspiration
my 'Sistah's' have to show you....join in with us!!

Entering the following challenges:

Word Art Wednesday .... ATG
2 Crafty Critter Crazies .... ATG (critter)(m)





12 comments:

Donna Phelan said...

I love your papers and that colorful rooster! He is really strutting his stuff! This is just FUN!

Deb S said...

Love your rooster...and the little gingham heart is a pretty touch!

Darlene said...

What a cool card Di! Love the rooster paper and you did an awesome match with your colorful rooster! Fun card and who doesn't like little gingham hearts ... perfect addition to your happy banner! Fun creation!

Sharon Johnson said...

What a cheery card! LOVE that paper and sweet banner!

Lisa said...

This is so beautiful!! The rooster is gorgeous!! The background paper is perfect!! Love the banner, too!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Verna Angerhofer said...

What a great rooster card. Great pattern paper and the coloring of the rooster image is wonderful too!

Judy Woodland said...

I just love roosters, in real life AND on paper. Your card is wonderful. I really like that you have picked up the colors from the background paper (which is fabulous, by the way) and included them in the rooster. Great inspiration here!!!

NancyK said...

Your rooster is so cool! Love how you colored him!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, stop! The rooster and that awesome paper and gingham and colors that all come together so perfectly -- I can hardly stand it! Really love how you inked up the rooster, and cool idea for stringing your banner. All so cute!

Debbie Mageed said...

Having a rooster stamp is hard enough but rooster designer paper, too?? How freaking cool is that?!? This is absolutely adorable and the banner that celebrates it is perfectly done!

Gwendolyn said...

Wow! You certainly brought those roosters together perfectly and i loved how you coloured that rooster too! Hugs Gwendolyn

NanaConnie said...

Fabulous job inking the rooster, Diane, and I love your paper choice! Lovely card design. I'm so excited to see you playing along with us in our "Anything Goes with a Critter" challenge at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies this month. Do join us again, won't you? Good luck.
NanaConnie DT