Thursday, February 22, 2018

Hearts Twofer Challenge

It's been a rough week here with things going on
and I needed something to take my mind off it all
and had been wanting to get some cards done for the Twofer Challenge.


The challenge this time is "Hearts".
I used a die for my cards.....a really, really OLD die...
remember the 'cookie cutter' dies from QuicKutz?

I used a nesting heart, but I used the 'negative' of the heart.
I made both a masculine card and a feminine card.


The first card I added a designer paper 'scene' behind the heart negative.


I added a die cut deer, few sequins and sentiment...simple!
Entering this card in the following challenges:
Southern Girls .... Nature
Creatalicious .... ATG option Man/boy


For the feminine card scraps of papers
(or snippets like Di at the Playhouse calls them)
and adhered them to a card stock base,
then turned it slightly and had a nice background for my negative heart.


I added a few leaf die cuts, flowers and a sentiment.

Entering this card in the following challenges:


This challenge with the hearts in 2 different ways threw me a bit,
but I like the outcome!

14 comments:

Darlene said...

They are both FABULOUS!! I can't pick which one I like the best! Great thinking ... and perfect to share in some of the CAS challenges out in blogland right now!! GREAT JOB!

Loll said...

Two fantastic designs, Diane! Love that masculine card with the forest scene and deer. Your "quilted" heart is so pretty and what a great way to use up scraps of pretty paper! Love the flower spray. Thanks for joining us at Twofer Card Challenge.

Leslie Miller said...

My old, old Spellbinders hearts look better as negatives than they do as positives, so I should do this with them more often. I love how you put the scene in one and the pieced papers in the other. You're so good at putting your paper scraps together. The blue flowers are pretty with it. Love the simplicity of both, and they're perfect for the Twofer Challenge. I hope everything's okay with you.

Lisa said...

These are both so beautiful!! I love both designs!! The masculine scene card is fabulous and I love the papers you used for the other card!! Gorgeous!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

aussie aNNie said...

These are both fabulous and love the colours too. Well done and great ideas.x
💖 [aNNie' blog]
 ❤️

pst said...

Both great cards, a wonderful use of the negatives. Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Creatalicious. We hope to see you back again.

Darnell said...

I'm sorry you've had a rough week, Diane. I hope things settle for you soon and I'm glad that making your pretty heart cards for Twofer #2 helped to distract you and, bonus, helped increase your stash! You've created a wonderful serene scene with your Thinking of You card, and you did an awesome job using your pp snippets for your pretty birthday card!! Thank you for playing along!! Hugs, Darnell

Susanne Vargas said...

Creating a masculine and a feminine card using the negative of a die cut heart was a great idea! Adore the scene you created with the deer and the way you used some pretty scraps on your second card!
Thank you for joining us at the Twofer!

Bonnie said...

What a clever scene framed by the heart on your first card, Diane! So perfect for a masculine card! Your use of snippets to fill the second heart is amazing! A perfect way to use those bitty snippets!

AlisonC said...

Showing that a heart doesn't have to be feminine! Great ideas and I do love the stripes of paper. So simple.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Both are so very beautiful. I love the look you got with that heart die. Great scene in the one and I love the pretty pattern paper design on the other too!

Di said...

Great cards Diane and what a lovely snippets one (although I do love the senic card as well).

Lovely to see you in the Snippets Playground.

Hugs

Di xx

Beth said...

Two great cards, both with lovely Nature in them. Thanks for joining us at Southern Girls Challenge!

Melanie said...

Wonderful cards!
Thank you soo much for taking part in our "anything goes with optional for a boy / man” challenge over at Creatalicious & good luck in the draw.
Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

Hugs,
Melanie
(DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

(DT Crafty Friends)

(DT The Sketchy Challenges)

(DT Stempel-Magie)


PS: Sorry for the late comment, life had been very busy these past weeks…