Wednesday, January 3, 2024

Eighth Birthday Celebration At Double D

 We are celebrating our 8th birthday/ anniversary at Double D
and have a fun mood board for inspiration, you can create anything
as long as it is birthday or anniversary themed!

8th Birthday/Anniversary
8th anniversary is Bronze

I let the bottom left inspire me with that big gorgeous bow!
I used several 'new to me' supplies for the first time to
create my cards, (yes TWO cards, so unusual for me)!
Just before Casual Fridays went out of business I had won
a gift certificate to their store and picked up several stencils
and this is one of them I used for my background.  I stenciled it
with Distress Ink Old Paper very lightly.
I also received a free wreath die from scrapbookdotcom when
making a purchase and used it on this card. I die cut it from a Bronze Stardream Metallic paper I received when I was on the Classy cards & Such design team, remember them, Beverly was so nice, it's so hard to believe she isn't with us anymore! 
Anyhow, it had holly leaves
on it too but because I didn't want it to look like Christmas
I just snipped them off and placed my bow over that portion.
The bow BTW is the Big Beautiful Bow die by The Greetery.
As soon as that was available in their release I HAD to pick it up!
I stamped my sentiment with TSUKNEKO Cosmic Copper ink,
geez that ink is so OLD I wasn't sure if it would even stamp,
it stamped just like I bought it yesterday, very wet and inky!!

Here is my first card:

When die cutting the Big Bow I cut in two colors for the
contrast, so instead of putting the second set away 
like is my norm, I created a second card!

Here is the card #2:

Come on over to Double D and celebrate with us,
the teams all have amazing inspiration and there is
a nice prize to a random winner!

Come back tomorrow too as those crazy two
challenge ladies (Dar and myself) have put together a
NEW challenge blog called Word Power,
you can read all about it HERE!!


Entering the following challenges:
Simon Says Wednesday .... Something New
Little Red Wagon .... What's New?
Word Art Wednesday .... ATG



14 comments:

Donna Phelan said...

Both cards are gorgeous! Love that BIG beautiful bow and great stenciling too! Congrats on 8 wonderful years! Cheers to many more! Happy New Year!

Barbara said...

Wow, two cards! Both are gorgeous and you have really done justice to that wreath and Bow! You have inspired me and of course, I now have something to add to my wish list at The Greetery! The weather here is warmer than you, but it is still cold. Forty-nine this morning, but the sun will shine and warm us up. Thanks for letting me be on this team. I do enjoy making cards, it keeps me sane

Birgit said...

These are both beautiful Diane! I love the warm caramel color with cream and bronze. That oversized bow is a wonderful die to have in your crafty arsenal as is the wreath die. Brilliant idea snipping off the holly leaves. Thank you for bringing 8 years of joy and craftiness to your participants. You both rock!

Vicki said...

These are both gorgeous, Diane! Beautiful stenciled background and I love that wreath die. Adapting it by snipping the holly makes it very versatile for year round. The bow looks amazing. You know it's in my stash too... Thanks for all you do at the DD and I feel privileged to be a "charter" member of the DT. Looking forward to another great year. Happy New Year!

Darlene said...

HAPPY 8th BIRTHDAY my friend! Can you believe it??? We are on a roll sistah!! lol Anyways, your cards are GORGEOUS! You've really made that bow the star of the show and they are fabulous! Your stenciling and that wreath die are the perfect choices to backup that bow! Beautiful work!!! I think we make a good team and I'm honored to call you my bestie!! Here's to another 8 years (with God's blessing that is lol).

Bonnie said...

Got to love that huge bow. How fantastic to see it in the two color ways.

I Card Everyone said...

I just had to know more about that gorgeous bow - and here she is AGAIN in fabulous white! Two beautiful cards, Diane!
=]

Crafting Queen said...

Lovely elegant card. Happy New Year. Anesha x

Leslie Miller said...

OMGosh, these cards are both gorgeous! I love the wreath and very clever of you to snip off the holly. I would never know it was there in the first place. And that bow! Wow! Front and center, gorgeous, it steals the show! I love how you exchanged the insides to make it all the more realistic and classy. I feel so fortunate to be on this team. Happy birthday/anniversary to Double D!

aussie aNNie said...

Great projects and love seeing your great variety of designs... xx

Judy Woodland said...

Wow, what a fabulous design. That beautiful die cut is gorgeous and the bow is the perfect final touch. GORGEOUS!!!

Karen Letchworth said...

This is gorgeous, Diane. Thank you so much for sharing this amazing card with us at The Card Concept. We appreciate your participation and hope to see more of your amazing art linked up in our gallery.
Blessings,
Karen, DT

Imke said...

Very pretty and elegant card, Diane. Thanks for joining us @ Little Red Wagon this week and we hope to see you back again often in 2024 !

Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE

EmmaT said...

Beautiful designx