Tuesday, January 2, 2024

Stencil Fun January 2024

 Welcome January 2024 and  to our first
Stencil Fun challenge for the year!!

As always we have an OPTIONAL theme and it is
Feed The Birds (Birds, Birdhouses, Bird Feeders).
But just that it is optional and you can create anything
you want as long as you have done some stenciling!!
We also have a fun prize to give to one lucky random
winner that resides in the US
!

For my optional themed card I went with a fun
NEW stencil (new to me) from Concord & 9th Tweet Life.
When I first saw this stencil I knew I had to have it
but it was out of stock everywhere,
guess I wasn't the only one that fell for it!
I finally found a place that had it, ordered it and when it arrived
I found that this stencil had to have the matching
stamp set to complete it.
That will teach me for not paying attention or not watching the
video showing just how it all works!!
The stencil has 3 rows of birds and then the stamp has 3 rows of
bird feet/beaks that you just line up on your stenciled birds,
which is what I did but when I got to the middle row
I did not have it lined up properly and it looked pretty silly
where the beaks and feet landed,
so I just came up with this card design, snipping away
the distorted birds!!

For my anything goes card I used
Pink Fresh Studios Gardens Florals.
You have probably seen me use this stencil before
but I had a few of these already stenciled and my 
2024 goal this year was to use up what I've started!
After Stenciling I added some peach Fuzz gems,
also from PFS and a sentiment from The Tons
Easy Expressions.

Hope to see you over at our fun Stencil Fun Challenge!!

3 comments:

Darlene said...

OMG! Those birdies are so darn cute ... I can see why you just HAD TO HAVE THEM!!! And I see what you mean ... they are nothing without the coordinating stamps. CUTE CUTE design too. OH and of course your floral card is beautiful ... you are SO GOOD with stenciling! Well done my friend!!!

Leslie Miller said...

I would never guess your birds card is the result of a boo boo, but I do that stuff all the time so I can believe it. I would have to have that bird stencil and set, too. Way TOO adorable! Beautiful Pinkfresh card as well. I keep trying to use up my spare parts, but then I keep making more, sigh.

lichazul said...

Two cards are beautiful, congrats 💐☺️
The birds so cutes 🤩

Happy day