Wednesday, January 31, 2024

Eat Cake

Did my title get your attention?
It sounds pretty good, though I wouldn't want to eat this cake since those
pesky little mice have been in it.  The only kind of mice I can tolerate
are the ones made into stamps, otherwise I would be screaming
through the house!

I created this card with a few challenges in mind,
first being Woodblock Wednesday. 

I told myself last year
that I was going to try to enter this challenge every month the entire year,
so far, so good LOL!!

A few summers ago I purchased several House Mouse stamps off a friend that
quit card making, and received even more from two generous friends,
one in particular gave me ALL her wood block stamps
making this the perfect monthly challenge for me!

This house mouse stamp is Birthday Cupcake (2003)
stamped on a Spellbinders Label 3 (an oldie).
The background is washi tape from Altnew, it has gold shiny splatters all over it.    The sentiment is from The Greetery
and the glittery banner is die cut from Tonic.

Also entering these fun challenges:
House-Mouse & Friends .... Optional to add gold/silver or anything goes
Seize The Birthday .... ATG



9 comments:

Bunny said...

Diane, I can literally picture you screaming and running through the house if you saw a mouse. It's so funny how some of us can tolerate a little mouse and others will run over you to get out of the way.

Your card is super cute. Love the colors and the great gold banner. Thanks for joining us at HMFMC. {Bunny} Designer for House Mouse and Friends

~amy~ said...

Love that sweet stamp. I'm with you on the mice, only crafty ones please.
I'm excited to have you joining us. Sounds like you have tons of stamps to play with!
Thanks for joining in the Woodblock Wednesday fun!

Darlene said...

What a cute House Mouse stamp and you're coloring/design are perfect! Love your flag banner too! Great & fun job!!

Leslie Miller said...

Love those woodblock stamps! I have a bunch and still use them a lot. This is so dang adorable. Those meeces are always getting into something. Thankfully we haven't had a mouse in the house since our cat Marvin passed. He was quite the hunter. Thanks for the smiles today, Diane!

Lorraine A said...

Super cute card Diane :-) One of my all time most fave stamps, and I love the colors and sparkle, so very pretty 💗

I LOVE that you plan on joining in ever month! that's what we like to hear ;-) You can join in more than once too if you have time!! ;-)

Thanks for joining the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge
Luv
Lols x x x

Sue said...

Sweet birthday card, colors are wonderful. Love the Gold sparkle too. How lucky are you to get stamps from a friend. So glad you are planning on joining us often, looking forward to seeing more from your bounty!! Thanks for sharing your card with us at the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge.

Hugs
Sue

Glenda J said...

Super cute card - great colouring and colour choices.
Thanks for playing along with Seize the Birthday.

Mia said...

Thank you for entering our challenge at House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge with this beautiful card. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Regards,
Mia
Designer for House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge
craftartista.blogspot.com {My Blog}

KarinsArtScrap said...

Diane it's a beautiful card
Thank you for playing with us at the
House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge
Goodluck and hope we see you again.

Gr Karin DT Member