Saturday, April 15, 2023

A Barrel of Monkeys Popits Challenge

It's challenge #3 at
A Barrel of Monkeys and the theme is Pop-its.
This is a challenge where all the themes are based on kids toys
and it's up to you how the toy inspires you,
is it the colors, the shapes or the toy image itself? 



I think it's the colors and the butterfly that got me inspired!
I have had this butterfly die from Stampendous that I have had 
forever along with a matching stamp set I have never used
so pulled it out as I thought it was the perfect size to emboss with
my WeR Memory Keepers Dotted 3D embossing folder.
I first inked up a panel using various Distress Inks,
 die cutting it out, then embossing with the folder.
The big Hello is a Pink Fresh Studios Simply Sentiments
Hello stamp set.  I added a few gold half gems to finish,
also from Pink Fresh.
The purple gingham is from my bag of gingham scraps~


This is a fun challenge and we would like to have you join
in with us with your interpretation of the Pop-its
at A Barrel of Monkeys!


2 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Wow, it's just like the inspiration board! What a cheery card with all the color and gingham and those pretty gold gems!

Darlene said...

Beautiful card and cool take on the theme! You are nailing these challenges.