Wednesday, April 5, 2023

April Showers

It's time for our first challenge this month at 
Double D and our theme is APRIL SHOWERS.
Just look at the cute mood board we have for you
just to inspire YOU to have some fun with us!

 April Showers


I pulled out several things to use for this challenge
then had to decide WHICH one to use!
I finally decided on this adorable bunny stamp I purchased way back when I
worked for Dies R Us.
It is Pink Ink Designs Rain Mouse.
I think Miss mousey is distraught as she just came out to water
her flowers and it has started to rain!  I used my Tombow markers
to color her in and it has been well over a year
since I have worked with them, a learning experience once again!
But I did see on a FB group I belong to that Strathmore Bristol 
smooth surface 100# paper was found to be the best for Tombow
so I did purchase some and yes, it is VERY smooth for sure!

For the background of my card I used a rain rain go away paper
from Pebbles Garden Party pad.  Yikes it says 2013  on it, it's ten years old
finally time to use it I would say.
I had a frame just sitting and waiting to be used in my already small
bins of cut outs to use and added that behind my image!


Take a peek over at Double D, the design teams always always
have amazing creations for inspiration!

Entering the following challenges:
Little Red Wagon .... Spring or Fall?  It's Spring for me with all the beautiful Spring flowers!!
Ellibelle's Crafty Wednesday .... ATG
Word Art Wednesday .... ATG
Passion For Markers .... Animals

16 comments:

Doni High said...

Little Miss Mousey is adorable! You colored her beautifully ...Love those pink boots.

Donna Phelan said...

Super sweet! Great image! I love how you placed that empty wonky frame beneath--adds so much interest!

Leslie Miller said...

I've been totally in love with your card since the moment I saw it! The stamp is so adorable! Her tail is sprouting flowers! I love Pink Ink stamps but thought most of them are huge. This one is just right. So cute and you did an amazing job with the coloring. I'm trying to stay upright a little longer today, but my head and chest are protesting.

Darlene said...

OMG this image is SO DARN CUTE and your coloring is awesome! What a fabulous design and what perfect background paper! Yes I would say 10 years is long enough hoarding time! LOL Great job ... so cute!

Vicki said...

So cute! The angled frame is a great touch to the focal image. Ms. Mouse won't have to water since it's raining. Nice coloring and I love that she has flowers blooming at the end of her tail!

aussie aNNie said...

Love this, the colours are beautiful and the design of your card shows it off very nicely too x

Ellibelle said...

Super cute card Diane! LOVE the image and what a great idea to add the frame behind the image panel! The printed background paper was a perfect choice too! I too have papers that are soooo old and older, some dating back to my scrapbooking days in 2002 but can't see myself getting rid of any of it!

Thanks so much for joining in at my Crafty Wednesday challenge this month!
Ellie
Ellibelle's Corner

Nat said...

Fab colouring of this sweet image and I love your wordy background. Thanks for sharing at PFM
Natx

Karen Letchworth said...

The mouse image is so adorable and I love how you off-set the frame, Diane. What a darling card. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday. I'm always so grateful to have you play along with us.

Lisa said...

Super cute image and great card base for the image too.

Imke said...

Thanks for joining our "Spring or Fall" Challenge @ Little Red Wagon with this sweet little mouse, Diane and we hope to see you back again.

Imke MY CRAFTY PLACE

Judy Woodland said...

Oh no, fixin' to water her flowers and it's started to rain. But all is well, now she doesn't have to water. I just adore that little mouse, this is the cutest card ever. You have colored her beautifully, I am smiling.

The Crafty Den said...

Aww such a sweet card Diane. The image is adorable and your colouring is perfect. Love the frame and pretty paper too. Thanks for sharing with us at Passion for Markers this week. Hugs, Denise x

Marlene Atkinson said...

Such a cute card. Thank you for joining us at Passion for Markers. Marlene DT

Birgit said...

this is adorable Diane! What a darling image, just perfect for the challenge. Your coloring is ah-mazing too!! And seriously, you had the perfect background paper to go with all this cuteness. I want to come shop at your house! ;0)

Birgit said...

This is adorable Diane and the image is just perfect for this challenge. Your coloring is ah-mazing and you seriously found the perfect paper to use in the background. I want to come shopping at your house! ;0)