Wednesday, April 19, 2023

Things That Fly

 The challenge at Double D is Things That Fly
giving you LOTS of options to create with.
We have a mood board full of inspiration and ideas of just a few 'flying things'!

Things That Fly 

I let the bottom right inspire me with the regal owl!
I have had this 2012 Stampendous Steampunk Owl stamp for quite sometime.
In fact I have 2 of him as a friend gave me one too, mine is on a wood block, the other
a rubber cling stamp.  Once he was stamped I colored him with Copics and a couple
glitter pens.  I added a 'cork' frame (it's real cork but part of a paper pack)
it's rather thin and has a peel off adhesive.  I also added an old piece of SU
designer paper underneath but as I usually do managed to cover most of it up!
I think this will make a nice masculine card as soon as I decide on a perfect sentiment!

'Fly' on over to Double D and see all the mazing inspiration from the teams
we have a random prize to give away to one lucky entrant too,
so make sure to join in with us, it could be YOU!

Entering the following challenges:
Simon Says Wednesday .... Things With Wings
Country View Crafts ....Things With Wings (m)



12 comments:

Vicki said...

Oh, this is a cool card! Love this stately steampunk owl. The cork frame really adds a unique touch of texture.

Vicki said...

Oh, this is a cool card! Love that steampunk owl image. The cork frame really adds a unique texture to the page.

Birgit said...

What a cute card! I love how you've colored this wise old owl and the sparkle you've given him. The cork frame adds nice texture and depth as well. What a great card for either masculine or feminine.

Donna Phelan said...

He so fancy lol He is Regal and probably very wise! Great coloring! I love the cork frame, so much texture, I also have that paper pack! Great creation!

Darlene said...

WOW! Love this wise, old owl ... he's so dapper with his top hat! You've colored and showcased him perfectly (no surprise there! lol). Awesome take on our mood board.

Leslie Miller said...

What a great stamp for a guy's birthday! Any sentiment about time would work. Time to celebrate or whatever. The cork frame is great for him. So cool... in a wise old way!

Carol L said...

This is such a fun card with that plump owl wearing a top hat! With all those watches on his hat and around his neck he'd better not be late! LOL Love the cork panel and that touch of red behind it looks perfect!

aussie aNNie said...

Cool owl, very creative and awesome post.. A wonderful design. x

Barbara said...

Your Steampunk owl is excellent and I applaud that you used him. This is first rate.

Judy Woodland said...

Oh my gosh, this owl is so FABULOUS!! But what really makes the card is that "cork". The texture is perfect for this jaunty wise and feathered friend. I am smiling!

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

A fabulous card and image of your very grand steampunk owl and I really like your cork frame, that's really cool. Michelle x

Lisa said...

Perfect image for the inspiration and great coloring.