Wednesday, May 24, 2023

Be Your Own Kind Of Beautiful

 Time for a new challenge at 

The Sisterhood of Crafters and the theme is BIRDS!
A pretty easy theme as there are all kinds of birds, big and small!

One road over from us a lady raises peacocks.
We can hear them screech every now and then and they are LOUD!
We have driven by her farm 100's of times but I have yet to
see one there, but she has a huge barn and I think that
is where she keeps them.  I heard she has lots and lots of them,
hoping someday we can spot them.

I had a die I have never used I decided to use from Papertrey Ink
from their Feathered Friends line.
all the die cuts I used other then the peacock
were from my already die cut stash including the
embossed side piece.  The Sentiment is from a SNS set 'Birds'
which I thought worked perfectly with the peacock.


Make sure to visit The Sisterhood to see all
the pretty birds my 'sistahs' have for inspiration.

5 comments:

Darlene said...

OH WOW ... LOVE the green/blue color combo ... perfect for a peacock! Great job and awesome inspiration!

Leslie Miller said...

Oooh, the peacock is pretty! Birds are just about my favorite for cards, whether dies or stamps. Love the blue dots on the feathers. I hope your neighbor's peacocks get to go outside once in a while.

Vicky Hayes said...

Loving the peacock motif Diane and the story to go with it! The colours are fabulous too! Vicky x

Lisa said...

Love, love, love this die cut peacock. Super card.

Ina G said...

Simply so regal Diane. I was lucky to see two resting underneath a tree at my grandsons house while on holidays recently and they just walked off down the street. They quite often do that so I was told. Love all the colours and amazing layers. Beautiful!