Sunday, July 16, 2023

Peace On Earth Challenge #44

We are at challenge #44 at Peace On Earth
and have a mood board for inspiration but you can create anything
as long as it is Christmas themed! 


I let the Santa in the upper left corner inspire me as well as all the 
little animals in the bottom right corner knowing I had this 
Cottage Cutz die that I had never used before!
I let that die intimidate me with all the small pieces which is crazy
as this was a very easy die set to put together, geez why didn't I use it sooner?  All my pieces were cut from 'snippets' of white card stock
then colored with my copics making it even easier to put together!
(I keep all my card leftovers in bags by color)


Unfortunately the die has since been discontinued from their store!

Other then adding some paper behind the image I pretty
much left it alone, the sentiment will go inside the card!
This was a fun piece to put together and I definitely will be making more 
cards with this cute die!!


Take a peek at Peace On Earth and join in with us,
jus think you will be that much ahead on cards when the holiday season
rolls around again, which seems to be here before we know it!

Entering the following challenges:
Snippets Playground .... Christmas with Snippets
52 Christmas Card Throwdown .... Pets
Double Trouble .... Santa's Hat



Jingles Belles .... Santa's Hat
Send A Smile For Kids .... Christmas In July





20 comments:

Lia said...

I like this diecut Santa a lot and you created a lovely scene with him, together with the cute critters!
Lia xx

Kate said...

I've been intimidated by a die so many times too! It's lovely and so is your little scene! Hugs, Kate!

Darlene said...

You are SO GOOD with all these little pieces die sets! What a fun & loving little scene you've created! You always share such inspiring designs! Well done my friend!

Di said...

Great card Diane - and I do feel your fear at launching into using what is a die set with many pieces. But, WHAT a result! Lovely! AND, perfect way to use up snippets of course.

Hugs
Di xx

Elaine aka Ellapu said...

Wow a lot of work went into this one and probably alot of patience thrown in. Love it and the time and effort paid off xx

R's Rue said...

So cute.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Crafting Queen said...

Wonderful card, love it. Anesha x

Leslie Miller said...

OMGosh, that's a cute die, and all those little critters came with it? LOVE it! I know that feeling of intimidation. I believe I'm getting better about it, but I still have some Cottage Cutz Christmas dies I haven't used yet, plus non-Christmas, plus more and more and more of everything, sigh. I'm so glad you finally played with it because your card is absolutely delightful!

Carol L said...

Santa's little helpers are too cute and I just love all those snow-covered trees! Santa looks quite happy on this fun card!

Donna Scholz said...

Diane, I can see why all the pieces might have made this great die set look intimidating, but it sure was worth it! Such a cute scene. Thank you for sharing your card with us at Double Trouble!! -Donna

Kathy said...

The little critters helping Santa are so cute. You have made such a fun Christmas card this week. Thanks for sharing it with us at 52 CCT this week. Smiles, Kathy DT

Sarn said...

A terrific die-cut Christmas card.

Thanks for coming to play in the SNIPPETS PLAYGROUND and thanks for sharing a picture of your snippets. Meet you up in the Treehouse for a cocktail later! x

Suzanne Reynolds said...

What a great bunch of dies and like the sceney your created on that beautiful background papers... adorable and fun card. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble and Jingle Belles.

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh this santa is fantastic. Great coloring with your copics and nicely done layering him.

SmilynStef said...

what fun little holiday die cuts ... so very glad you joined our Santa Hat prompt at Jingle Belles.

Fabiola said...

oh Diane, c'est une fantastique création, merci de jouer avec nous chez 52CCT, biz

Melanie R said...

Your card is fabulous, Diane! The Santa scene is delightful with the adorable little helpers. Thank you for playing along with us at Double Challenge #143. -- Melanie R.

lauren bergold said...

Such adorable characters, helping out Santa! So happy you could join our Santa Hat Christmas in July fun at Jingle Belles!

Celeste Goff said...

What a fabulous card! Lots of embossing and die cutting with such beautiful results! Thank you for sharing with us at SAS4Kids!

Sybrina K said...

Diane, Isn't it fun using new dies? And these dies are perfect with that inspiration board. Thanks so much for joining us Send a Smile 4 Kids.