Wednesday, July 5, 2023

The Great Outdoors

 Hello,  I hope you had a great July 4th if you are in the states,
I have to admit I am not fond of all the fireworks and noise it involves 
as it disturbs my poor dog Mack, he is terrified of all the booms
and it seems to go on for days!

Today also brings us to our new challenge theme at
Double D Challenges and it is:

THE GREAT OUTDOORS
Anything to do with the outdoors
think canoeing, camping, traveling, gardening, fishing, etc.


The hubs and I have spent many a summer kayaking on one of the
great lakes, Lake Huron and since we have our lake house for sale we
surely are going to miss it (it might even be sold before this goes live)
but the time has come for us to let it go after having it for twenty years.
So, that is where my thoughts went for this challenge, kayaking!

I have had this stamp set for many many years and it has never seen ink.
I thought it was the perfect time to bring it out and put it to use.
I might even use it for the hubs birthday this year!
I saw the fold for this card on Pinterest and liked it so much I went with it.
I visited the blog where the original card came from and saw her post was 2015, then I normally look at their blog to see their most latest
and was surprised to see she has had no posts since 2017,
that always bothers me as I then wonder what has happened
to make her stop blogging and/or card making, kind of sad!!


This picture slightly shows the inside of the card, the papers are from 
One Canoe Two Creekside 2017.


Lots of fun inspiration at Double D from the design teams
and we would LOVE to see YOUR take on The Great Outdoors!!

Entering the following challenges:
Crafting Happiness .... Anything Goes
Simon Says Monday .... Summer Mood Board
Challenge Up Your Life .... Patterned Paper (m)
Creative Creases .... ATG With A Fun Fold



13 comments:

Darlene said...

What a fabulous die! I must admit, I have NO kayaks in my stash but might have to be 'on the hunt' since daughter kayaks. And, of course, you had the perfect background paper ... well done! I too wonder what happened to this person or that person when I see their blog suddenly stopped ... you hate to think the worst but ...

Vicki said...

Fun fold card, Diane! Wow, that patterned paper is perfect. Love the pop of color on the kayak board. Something I've always wanted to try.

Donna Phelan said...

What a great Fun Fold and also some happy memories for you both! Loving that Designer Paper, the kayak looks FUN!!! This is great! I hope you cash in so much dough from the sale! (you know, for more craft supplies lol)

Kampin' Karen said...

Diane, your kayak certainly got my attention! I LOVE the colors and the design. I have a friend who creates cards and is a kayaker so I'll send her the link to your card. Good luck on the sale of your lake house and trust me you will miss it! Thank you for entering your fun fold in the Creative Creases Challenge.
Karen, DT

Leslie Miller said...

It sounds like this would make a great card for your hubby! Love the earthy look of it, plus the great fold, and those papers are way awesome. Love that kayak die, too, and all the color. Our thing was a large canoe that we'd hoist onto the SUV and go all kinds of cool places. We had a nice aluminum fishing boat, too, for the rivers and lakes. No way would we be lugging around that canoe these days.

Carol L said...

Oh what a fun card with a great theme and unique fold design. I know it's sad to let go of a place you enjoyed for 20 years, but life changes and you have the wisdom to know when it's time to make that move. Something better will come along, I'm sure! Enjoy your week!

Judy Woodland said...

This card is just FABULOUS!!! What an interesting stamp set, and you have used it perfectly. Lots going on here, and it all works wonderfully together. I LOVE it. And yes, I wonder too why the gal stopped blogging. We shall never know.

Birgit said...

This is a wonderful card Diane! I don't have any kayaks in my stash either but your card is making me think I should find one. They are great for masculine cards and I sure do struggle with masculine cards. You and I are cut from the same cloth, I think. I do the same thing when I visit a blog, checking to see their recent posts and then wondering why they've stopped blogging. It is sad, but I've come to realize that a lot of bloggers have turned to IG. Which is also sad in its own way. I still enjoy visiting and reading blogs and wish other people did as well. Anyway, I hope the sale of your cabin goes smoothly and quickly. Have a restful summer!

Barbara said...

I love these perfect papers for this fun fold outdoor card. Got to give it to your husband for his birthday. Masculine cards are always hard for me as well but I think you hit this one spot on.

Debbie Mageed said...

What a wonderful card for any outdoorsy person! Love the kayak image - so great to have one in your stash. The fun fold and designer paper showcase it perfectly. Thank you for playing with Creative Creases Challenge, and I hope you can join us again soon. We really appreciate your support!
Debbie, DT
Secrets To Stamping

aussie aNNie said...

Wow...Gorgeous card! love the fabulous style and colour.
Have a great weekend, hugs

Rae said...

Congratulations on being chose winner for CC #60. Love your card!

denise said...

This is such a great and extraordinary card! Love it! Thanks for playing along with challenge up your life!