Thursday, February 15, 2024

Beautiful Blossoms Challenge February 2024

 Valentine's Day is over and it's now time for a new challenge at 
Beautiful Blossoms!
How fun we can put those hearts aside and focus on some pretty blooms!
Speaking of pretty blooms, we have a beautiful inspiration board
to get those creative juices going, but you can create
anything as long as 'blooms' are your focal point!


I used a never been used before layered stamp set from
The Ton 'Fresh Cut Anemones'.
I purchased this set because of the vase, my mom had given me one
exactly like it so how could I resist it?
This card is nothing like it started out to be, 
I made numerous mistakes along the way including getting 
black ink where I didn't want it and messing up the stems entirely,
then messing up the flower center order of layering,
yep, a real mess I created.  I decided to try and salvage what I could
and fussy cut the flowers out, added drawn stems and used the 
leaves to cover up what I could, but even then I am not happy
with the placement of them.  Maybe I should of just trashed the entire thing
but I had put so much work into the layering of the flowers
I just couldn't make myself toss it!
I am naming this card "It is what it is" card, lol!!


Hop on over to Beautiful Blossoms for some great inspiration!!

Entering the fun following challenges:
Time Out #257 .... 10th Birthday






7 comments:

Shona Erlenborn said...

Happy accidents, I remember Donna calling them! I think this came out really nice! It's a truly, cheery card!

Donna Walls said...

Diane, this is a gorgeous slimline CAS design, and the florals are so pretty. Thanks for creating such a lovely card for the Beautiful Blossoms Challenge.
Donna xx

Leslie Miller said...

I can empathize with you trying to fix the things that went wrong rather than start over. Nevertheless you created something beautiful. The layering of the flowers looks amazing and detailed. I have some similar vases my mom gave me. They are the most beautiful lead crystal. There is also a cake plate, a wine decanter and a pitcher. Glad I put them on display in the hutch and never used for food. I do use the vases.

Vicky Hayes said...

Haha, we've all made 'it is what it is' cards, coming up for air after what seems like hours after trying to fix all our problems!! Your card looks beautiful to me - I love the colours and the layout looks effortless. I love that you bought the stamp set for the vase your mom gave you too - it's a great reason for buying a stamp set! Vicky x

lichazul said...

Gorgeous card ☺️💐 congrats
Happy day

Kate said...

Your blooms are ever so lovely Diane, I can see why you would want to salvage them! I think they look lovely sitting in the vase as they are! Thanks for joining us for our 10th birthday celebration at Time Out Challenges! Looking forward to seeing you in the gallery again soon!
Hugs, Kate (DT Time Out Challenges)!

Quillish said...

The flowers look stunning with the stems drawn - in the vase! That's attention to details at it's best! I really must admit, I couldn't have guessed that there were issues in this had you not told! Thank you so much for joining Time out challenges 10th birthday celebrations, with your gorgeous card! Hugs ~ Ishani <3