Thursday, February 1, 2024

February 2024 Curious George

 Hello friends, it's once again time for our monthly challenge at
A Barrel of Monkey's!!

The challenge where a child's toy/game is always our inspiration
for creativity.  You can always go with whatever you see,
maybe it's the colors, the patterns, or the toy itself,
whatever grabs 'your' eye or 'speaks' to you!!

This month our theme is Curious George!



I totally let the toy inspire me and the colors along with it.
When working for Cheapo Dies I remembered I had received
a monkey die that I had never used, so it was about time
to pull it out and use it.
My background paper is some I had purchased eons ago
(DaisyD's)
when I had the sock monkey stamp set from Stampin UP,
remember that set?  I don't have it anymore as several years ago I
purged over 100 sets of SU stamps.
I cut my Cheapo Dies monkey twice from 2 different cardstock scraps
and paper pieced one color into the other.  I placed him on a die cut
circle from Tutti Designs, added a Memory Box banner and hearts
to the top and a die cut and sentiment from Lawn Fawn to the bottom.


This is a really easy challenge, so I hope you pop on over
and play with us at
A Barrel of Monkeys!!

2 comments:

Darlene said...

How cute this monkey is and look at that sock monkey background paper ... perfect! Love the little heart banner too!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my gosh, this really got me grinning! Kinda like the monkey. The die and paper are both fabulous. So darn cute!