Wednesday, February 21, 2024

Patterned Paper

 Hello Friends, it's time again for a new challenge theme at
Double D and it is PATTERENED PAPER.
We have a mood board  for inspiration but you can create
with any of your pretty papers!!

I made a couple of cards, only because I didn't care too much for my first one
but came up with THIS card that I like a whole lot better.

I had a new to me paper pad from Echo Park 'Bee Happy'(2023)
that is full of beautiful mostly black and yellow papers.
I added some of my homemade flowers, some from Spellbinders, Concord & 9th and some from Pretty Pink Posh. 

Funny, but this is not what I had intended to do but where it ended up!
The sentiment is yet again from The Ton Easy Expressions!


My second card  is using some paper from
P13 Spring Is Calling (2023).
The base is a Spellbinders Candlewick Rectangle
and the Tulips are Memory Box Dancing Tulips (2012).
The sentiment is stamped on another Spellbinders die
and is a TH stamp.


So get out all those patterned papers you are hoarding
and get busy and join in our challenge at Double D,
always a fun prize up for grabs and lots of beautiful inspiration
from the teams too!!

Entering the following fun challenges:
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge .... Beautiful Blooms
Time Out #257 .... 10 Birthday





11 comments:

Donna Phelan said...

Your cards are so bright and happy and sunshiny! Putting me in a Spring like mood! Pretty prints in yellow with those gorgeous flowers! And such a happy Springtime birthday card, love the tulip paper--sooooo pretty! These are FAB!

Birgit said...

Both cards look beautiful to me Diane! I love the sunny yellow papers and flowers on the first card. Your floral spray is so pretty!! I have those dies and hardly ever use them because there's so many tiny pieces. Shame on me! Your second card is equally as lovely with the tall, slender tulips and that pretty patterned paper you used. Thanks for the extra dose of inspiration!

Barbara said...

Well, I just have to say that I needed my sunglasses for the first card. It shines of warmth and the beautiful sun. Lovely creation. I like the second card too! It is much softer and that is a good thing. Still makes me think Spring.

Darlene said...

Both cards are FABULOUS but I LOVE the yellow/black & white card ... so bright & happy! And, your flower cluster is awesome! Beautiful inspiration using patterned paper my friend!

Vicki said...

Your cards are delightful! I love the happy yellow pattern with the pop of blue on the first card. The pretty pink tulips are a breath of fresh air and bring Spring to mind. Both so lovely.

Leslie Miller said...

Wow... look at that paper! You know it puts me into a trance and then I stagger like a mindless person and dump a bunch into my cart. The yellow is always going to be my favorite. So cheerful and pretty. I adore your card with all those wonderful flowers. I've had a hard time photographing yellow lately. Maybe it's the editing software, but it shows up almost neon and ruins the look of the card in a photo. Another favorite color is the particular orchid shade on your second card. It's like a delicate Orchid Opulence. Does SU still make that color? Love the Candlewick border, too! This challenge has rekindled my interest in working with my papers. Got to love that!

Judy Woodland said...

Oh, I love both of these cards. So different, but both really beautiful. The tulips are so sweet and dear, and the yellow one is just so sunny. I like the spray of flowers with the two different patterned papers on the background. Well done, once again, my dear!!

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Beautiful cards Michelle x

Nonni said...

These are both beautiful. You have inspired me to use patterned paper with die cuts... And to use patterned paper in general lol! I tend to forget about it! Great color schemes. Thank you for joining our 10th birthday challenge at Time Out!

Bobby said...

Both cards are lovely in their Spring colors, Diane. I love the gingham with the flowered print and all those lovely blooms. The tulip paper is soft and pretty and I love that fancy edge die. Thanks for celebrating our birthday with us at Time Out.

Kristin Sluhan said...

That first card is fantastic!! Love the patterned papers and the dies match it perfectly. Thanks also for visiting and commenting on my blog, I appreciate your time and sweetness!! Hugs!