Saturday, February 10, 2024

Sketch Saturday #744

A new sketch today at Sketch Saturday and it has an Optional Twist: 
Something You Love.


This was a bit of a challenge/tricky sketch for me
but once I put my 'thinking' cap on I came up with using these corner dies from
Cheery Lynn Designs.  I had to die cut them FIVE times before I was able
to get them to work for me.  First I used my Big Shot but even with the metal shim
I could not get a good cut where I could remove the unwanted pieces.
So then I switched to a thicker (110#) card stock and ran it thru my Gemini.
All good and well but my removeable tape pulled off some of the paper
when removing it, no matter how careful I was.  After the 5th try I went with it
but you can still see in the upper right where the paper peeled.
I also used a Spellbinders scallop rectangle and a Tutti Designs Heart bunch die along
with a Waffle Flower Sentiment.
This card went to a granddaughter's 16th January birthday
(she won't notice the mistakes, lol).


We would love to see your card using this challenging sketch
at Sketch Saturday!!

2 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

The corners are really cute, but too bad about your trouble trying to use them. That would be the point at which I would purge them from my stash. Cheery Lynn dies are usually so reliable. You made a valiant effort! I love your creative use of the sketch with those pretty little heart flowers. I'm glad your darling card had a home to go to.

Vicky Hayes said...

Such an amazing sketch and I love your interpretation of it Diane. I'm glad someone else has One Of Those Days when crafting! I admire your patience - not sure if I'd do anything five times in a row (except eat chocolate lol!) Vicky x